Effective Date: January 15, 2020
Collection and Use of Personally Identifiable Account Information
ASU may collect information you voluntarily share with us on the website or while you participate in the Young Thinkers Program. AGFE may also collect your information and share it with ASU when you choose to participate in the Young Thinkers Program, through AGFE. We also collect other information, for example through Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses and the use of "cookies," which may be placed on your computer when you access the website. (See the sections on IP Addresses and Cookies below.)
We collect Personally Identifiable Information (information that can be used to identify you) that you provide to us when you register for an account, update or change information for your account, request products or services, complete a survey, sign-up for email/text/Whatsapp message updates or online courses, participate in our public forums, send us email/text/Whatsapp messages, and/or participate in or other services on our website. We may use the Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to respond to your questions, provide you the specific course and/or services you select, send you updates about online courses offered by YTP, ASU or other related events, and send you email/text/Whatsapp messages about website maintenance or updates.
We do not sell, rent or loan any of your personally identifiable information to any third party. ASU and AGFE will regularly share information regarding your participation in YTP with one another.
In addition, we may use and share aggregated information that does not uniquely identify you when it enables us to improve and enrich our services and website content. In addition, ASU reserves the right to use and share your information in the event ASU believes doing so is necessary to operate this website or where disclosure may be required by law, or to protect ASU's right or the rights of others.
Ownership of Collected Information
Retention of Collected Information
We retain your information for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the service ofYTP so that we can fulfil our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved. We will also retain your data if necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Sharing Information with our Suppliers
We may share information we collect with our marketing, service providers and email, text message or Whatsapp message service suppliers, and other suppliers as necessary for us to provide the website and the services to you and as may otherwise be permitted by applicable law. We require our suppliers to comply with all applicable data privacy laws and regulations and they are authorized to use your personally identifiable information as necessary to provide the applicable services to ASU.
ASU logs IP addresses for systems administration purposes and may use them to prevent access by users in embargoed countries. IP addresses may be used to track a user's session. This information helps us determine how often different areas of our site are visited. We do not link IP addresses to any information that is personally identifiable.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can disable this function so that your browser will not accept cookies. Please be aware that if you disable this function, we cannot guarantee any user experience or functionality.
Access by Children
This website is not directed toward children under 13 years of age or toward individuals under 16 in the EEA, and ASU does not knowingly collect or use information from children under 13 through this website or from individuals under 16 in the EEA. If you believe that we have personal data about or collected from a child under the relevant age, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do Not Track
We will automatically collect cookies and other non-personally identifying information when you visit this site. Due to this automatic collection, we do not currently honor do not track requests.
ASU may use your personal information to send you promotional communications specific to the Young Thinkers Program. You have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time. If you select email for your account communication, you can always opt-out of promotional communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the body of the email. Opting out will not affect normal service messages that we send to your User Account. If you select text/WhatsApp for your account communications and no longer wish to receive promotional communications, you will need to remove your phone number/WhatsApp and add a verified email address in the Account Settings page.
We limit access to personally identifiable information about you to our employees and third-party suppliers who we reasonably believe need to have access to your information to provide you with the information or services you request from us.
This website has security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, ASU uses industry standards, such as Secure Socket Layers ("SSL") technology, to help safeguard against loss, misuse or alteration of data. In certain areas, the information passed between your browser and our system is encrypted with SSL technology to create a protected connection between you and our website to ensure confidentiality. In the event that a breach into our security systems occurs and there is a possibility that an unauthorized person acquires your personal information, ASU will notify you of a breach under applicable law.
Storage of Data
The personally identifiable data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at a destination outside of your country and the European Economic Area (“EEA”) (i.e.. the United States and India). Further information regarding the transfer of data outside of the EEA is available by contacting us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Access to Your Personal Information
If you wish to have access to your personal information in our records, please contact us with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also request that we update your personal information or correct any factual errors that you believe may exist regarding this information.
GDPR Rights for EEA Residents
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following rights under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”):
- The right to request free of charge (i) confirmation of whether we process your personal data and (ii) access to a copy of the personal data retained;
- The right to request proper rectification or removal of your personal data or restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- Where processing of your personal data is either based on your consent or necessary for the performance of a contract with you and processing is carried out by automated means, the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to have your personal data transmitted directly to another company, where technically feasible (data portability);
- Where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, the right to withdraw your consent at any time without impact to data processing activities that have taken place before such withdrawal;
- The right not to be subject to any automatic individual decisions, including profiling, which produces legal effects on you or similarly significantly affects you unless we have your consent, this is authorized by European Union or EEA Member State law or this is necessary for the performance of a contract;
- The right to object to processing if we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds which may override your right. If you object to such processing, we ask you to state the grounds of your objection in order for us to examine the processing of your personal data and to balance our legitimate interest in processing and your objection to this processing;
- The right to object to processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes; and
- The right to lodge complaints before the competent data protection regulator.
- Before we can respond to a request to exercise one or more of the rights listed above, you may be required to verify your identity or your account details.
This website may link to, or be linked to, other websites not maintained by or related to ASU. ASU is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third parties or third-party websites, including any linked or linking websites. To the extent that you disclose personally identifiable information to any third parties, different rules may apply to their use and disclosure of personal information that you disclose to them. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of all other websites before disclosing your personal information to them.
1365 North Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, Arizona 85257